Lilypie First Birthday tickers

13.1

Monday, May 2, 2011


13.1 two races down for the year! I think I forgot to blog about the rock n roll half so I thought I would add this in with the Heels and Hills half!! The rock n roll half was at the end of March the
same week we were leaving for Florida! I had a goal in mind of under
2 hours so Monica and Orlando helped pace me during the race to
keep me focused and on track!
The race had great bands at every mile and tons of
family and friends cheering everyone
on throughout the race! We finished in 1:54! I was so excited!

All the ladies: Amy, Jenn's Sister, Jenn, Monica, and I before the race!!
We all had a Brooks porta potty pass which meant we
were allowed to go in the trailers with the nice
warm heaters and warm water to wash our hands! ;)

After we finished! I was so excited and proud! We grabbed a medal and
Brooks finisher shirt to keep us warm!Add ImageAdd Image
All the ladies at the finish! We had such a great time!
We didn't stay to hear Brett Micheals since we were freezing cold and it was
about to start to rain on us so we headed out in search for great breakfast!
It was a fun race and I would for sure do it again!!

Heels and Hills Half! A girls only race!

Me before the race in Las Colinas by the horses!

The heels and hills half was held in Las Colinas on
a nice trail and for a few miles in the rain!!
Mom and I did the race together and we really
enjoyed it! I wanted to do a half with mom to
celebrate my birthday as a special treat to
run a half together! She was nervous that I would
run off and leave her but we ran side by side and had
a great time talking, running in the rain, and
celebrating together!! It wasn't for any records
or competition it was just for fun and
great bonding time!!

Mom and I before the race!
We did get rained on for about a mile which wasn't so bad
but at mile 11 the race was paused for bad weather coming
our way so we had to stand under a shelter for
about 10 minutes which was crazy since we
were so close to the finish line!!


We crossed the finish line all smiles and excited for our achievements!!
Now on for the next 13.1 adventure.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment