Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Atoka 25k

Friday, March 11, 2011
Last weekend I went to Atoka, OK for a 25k trail race! I went with a group from Luke's and we had a blast! We stayed in a nice hotel Saturday night so that we could get up refreshed and ready for the big race! We woke up at 5am to get the day started! We had a great runners breakfast of peanut butter on whole wheat toast and oj! The race didn't start until 7 so we had plenty of time to get all layered up and packed for the race. It was a chilly 35 degrees in OK that morning but it was gorgeous with all of the trees, mountains, and sunrise!

Mary and I having breakfast at the hotel. She was my roomie for the night and driving buddy! She is in the half beat red program with Luke's and
she is also running the rock and roll half in March!!

Orlando, Jen, and Monica getting all the gear ready! We had anything and everything you would need on a trail run! Let's see we had...gu gel, gu chomps, bananas, trail mix, pretzels, water, electrolytes, band-aids, tylenol, and so much more!
I finished!! yea!! This was my very first trail race and it was a great adventure! I did the 25k which is 15 miles!! We ran through rocks, dirt roads, pastures, rocks, and the beautiful outdoors!
I didn't anticipate for there to be so many rocks and
so at certain points during the race
you had to walk on the rocks to get through without any injuries!
I made sure not to fall on any of the rocks since I have the
rock and roll half coming up and didn't want
to miss out on everything that I have been training for!!
My time for the trail race
was 2:43 which was good for my first time
but I will for sure know what to expect on the next adventure!!

Here are the boys who went with us! Eddie and Orlando!
They did an awesome job!
After we finished we hung out around the camp fire meeting other runners and
enjoying cookies, chili, and water!

Orlando and Jen!
Orlando is one of the boss' at work and he is also
in charge of the beat goes on program! Jen, his wife
is a coach for one of the programs!

Mary and Jen crossing the finish line!! wahoo!!

Ok, so here we have Monica and Tammy finishing the 50k which is 30 miles!
They talked me into the race and are great running buddies!
Monica runs trail races all over TX and is starting
to get everyone interested in them at Luke's too!
After the race we hung out for a while relaxing and then loaded
up in our cars to head home! We stopped at a sports bar for lunch
which was yummy turkey sandwhiches and fries!! We were all
so hungry!! Then we left for home seeking a nice warm
shower to get clean from the wild adventures!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment