Lilypie First Birthday tickers

A race a month keeps the Dr. away?!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012
 The Allsate 13.1 race on Oct. 27, 2912 is a benchmark race for our Luke's fit program and is a different course than just running around white rock lake! It will begin in downtown Dallas in the arts district and then go into the katy trail! We ran on the katy trail this weekend and I really enjoyed the nature and calm environment amongst the trees! I am excited to be running this one with my Luke's buddies and happy to cheer them on for a successful 13.1 race! 
Hoping for cool weather and a flat course for sure!

 In November my mom signed us up for The Turkey Trot! This one is local and will be held in Frisco so we will not have to travel into downtown Dallas on Thanksgiving day for a fun and festive Turkey Trot! This one will be a 10k (6 miles) and should be a lot of fun!! Up early on a holiday for a nice run followed by cooking in the kitchen 
with the family and a nap to recover! 
I always enjoy the race t-shirts from fun holiday runs! 
They are just so adorable!

In December I have the big one...my marathon!!! Wahoo! I am excited and nervous all at the same time! I am really preparing myself for the mileage right now and not so much on the time! I am working on increasing my mileage weekly and then working on my speed to make sure I can have a steady pace throughout the entire marathon! Since it will be my first one I am focusing on finishing, running the entire time, staying injury free, and really listening to my body! 
I will wear my finisher shirt with pride once this one is complete!!

Who knows what 2013 will hold race wise......
a trail run, a princess half, or maybe
even a near years eve double?

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Go girl!! The 13.1 sounds like it will be a fun one! Definitely for your first full marathon your goal should be to finish and not for time at all! But...you are going to kill it! GOOD LUCK...sounds like you have some fun races on the horizon!

    October 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment